Monday, October 20, 2008

Selective Tolerance

Wow, Sunday morning as I drove to church, I couldn't believe what I saw. Or, perhaps I should say I was dumbfounded at what I DIDN'T see. Every single "YES on Prop 8" sign in our area had been stolen!!! I drove throughout the city and could not find a single sign where there had been dozens the day before. There had obviously been an organized attempt to steal every YES on PROP 8 sign in sight. Not only did the perpetrators steal, they also trespassed on private property in many cases. I admire how this blogger diffused a potentially explosive confrontation. There is some great information on how to show love while disagreeing on this website . I encourage everyone to check it out! Once again, I hope that the theft and vandalism--not to mention the violence--will completely stop and people will research the facts on protecting traditional marriage!

2 comments:

Katie said...

It is sad that some people don't see that you can disagree and still be civil.... This blogger also posted of someone stealing signs but they confronted them. Wish that more people could respect people's opinions instead of putting their political agenda ahead of freedom of speech.

http://makemyvotecount.blogspot.com/2008/10/experience-of-yes-on-8-sign-placer.html

Yes on prop 8!

Anonymous said...

It's un-American to steal those signs...
Thank you for your great post! If you know to stop at a red light, you’d agree it’s unreasonable to say to your child would you like an apple or an apple when you’re holding up 1 apple and 1 banana!!

For a changing society, we need NEW TERMS to describe the types of relationships people have the free choice to form – not new laws that will put us all in speech & religious bondage.

Vote not with emotion but with reason; get the facts: www.ifprop8fails.org, www.protectmarriage.com, and www.preservingmarriage.org. Let's you , me, and our same-sex friends unite to vote Yes! on Prop. 8.
http://abbyearth.wordpress.com

Watch this!